A branch of dentistry that specializes in the treatment of misaligned teeth (malocclusion) is known as Orthodontics. As a Multispeciality Dental Clinic in Chandigarh Dr. Sanjay Kalra’s Multispeciality Dental Clinic deals with orthodontics.
There can be various reasons for incorrectly positioned teeth. Some of them include:
- Frequent use of a pacifier as a child
- Thumb sucking
- Poor dental care
Or simply, Genetics
Dr. Sanjay Kalra, a renowned dentist, provides his patients with one of a kind orthodontics treatment in Chandigarh.
These treatments include:
- Fixed Devices:
The most common devices used in orthodontics, these comprise of braces, space maintainers (fixed and removable), and fixed appliances which work to control thumb sucking or tongue thrusting.
- Removable Devices:
These devices can be removed at the time of eating, brushing or flossing and include clear aligners and retainers.
Invisalign a specialized clear aligner that has proven to be beneficial in the alignment of crooked teeth. Invisalign is almost impossible for people to notice. Thus, saving the patients from the embarrassment of wearing ugly steel brackets on the teeth.
The difference between Invisalign and Conventional braces:
|REQUIRE BRACKETS & WIRES||VIRTUALLY INVISIBLE|
|WIRES CAN POKE & IRRITATE||SMOOTH COMFORTABLE PLASTIC ALIGNERS|
|BRUSHING & FLOSSING REQUIRE MORE TIME & EFFORT||ALIGNERS ARE REMOVABLE FOR EASY CLEANING|
|MANY FOOD RESTRICTIONS||EAT WHAT YOU WANT|
- First, we shall determine if you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign or not.
- Once we are through with that we will take your records. These records include a photograph of your face and teeth, a 3-D scan of your teeth, and x-rays which include an OPG and a Lateral Ceph.Taking a high precision 3-D scan of your teeth eliminates tedious impressions all together & ensures a 100 % accurate fit of your aligners
- The orthodontist at Dr. Sanjay Kalra’s Multi- Speciality Dental Clinic will share your 3-D scans with Invisalign® (USA).
Simultaneously your photographs & x-ray are loaded onto the treatment planning software to generate your customised 3-D treatment plan.
- A computerised treatment plan is generated which is shown to you depicting the movement of your teeth right from the beginning to the final position.
The doctors at Dr. Sanjay Kalra’s Multi- Speciality Dental Clinic will discuss the treatment plan with you and make the necessary adjustments using the 3-D software.
You can view the final result even before you start the treatment. A series of aligner will be made, with each slightly straighter than the previous. This will put pressure on your teeth until your teeth are in a proper position.
Upon your approval of the treatment plan the aligners are sent for fabrication.
From your approved treatment plan Invisalign uses laser guided imaging to construct 3-D models which depict each stage of your treatment & uses these models to fabricate your custom fit clear aligners.
Your customized set of clear aligners are shipped to Dr. Sanjay Kalra’s Multi- Speciality Dental Clinic
You have to wear each aligner for 20 hrs/ day for 7-10 days before changing to the next one.
- After the aligners have done their job, you’ll be made to put retainers that’ll keep the teeth in the exact same position. It acts as a follow-up.
Dr. Aneesh Katyal from Gurgaon is a Gold Provider for Invisalign Treatment. With an abundance of experience, he strives hard to provide his patients with the most satisfying treatment.